We understand that making the decision to surrender your pet can be a difficult one. We are here to provide resources and help you make the right decision for both you and your pet.
Before bringing your pet to our animal shelter, please consider the following resources to help you address any behavior issues and/or find the best home for your pet:
- Are you moving and can't bring your pet with you?
- Here are some tips if you feel like you don't have enough time for your dog.
- Here's a list of common behavior issues for dogs and how to tackle it.
- Tips for those with cats and behavior issues.
- Are you allergic to your pet?
If there are other reasons why you have to surrender your pet, please don't hesitate to call us at 972-291-5335, and we will do our best to assist you.
Rehome is great resource for pet owners who are looking to rehome their pets by allowing owners to list their pets online, screen applications of potential adopters, and finalize adoptions - all without having to bring your pet to an animal shelter!
This tool is great for pet owners who are able to keep their pets at home until they find their new fur-ever home. A few important things to keep in mind with regards to this program are:
- You do not have to be a resident of our three cities in order to use this website
- At the moment, only those pets who are fixed qualify for this program.
For more information, or to get started with this website, please click here.
The Tri-City Animal shelter is an open-admission shelter for residents of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, and Duncanville. If you are looking to surrender your pet, please make sure you have the following with you:
- Texas ID listing current address in Cedar Hill, DeSoto, or Duncanville OR Proof of current residency (bills, car insurance, etc.) AND valid ID.
- Any medical records of the pet.
Click here for a dog personality profile, or here for a cat personality profile.
Though we try our best to find a home or safe place for every animal in our care, we are not able to guarantee that every animal will be adopted or placed. Once a pet has been surrendered to our shelter, they may be placed in adoptions, transferred to a different shelter or rescue group, euthanized, or sent to a foster home.
We are not able to disclose the outcome of any animal once they have been surrendered to us.
If you are not a resident of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, or Duncanville, then you can surrender your pet at the shelter serving your city.
Other shelter in the area are:
Please contact us at 972-291-5335 if your city is not listed.