On-Site Sewage Facility (OSSF)
- PERMIT APPLICATION: Complete the On-Site Sewage Facility Program permit application packet. The packet consists of the following: (1) Application for New Construction and Modification, (2) Technical Information for the Permit, and (3) Affidavit to the Public.
- PERMIT FEE: The permit fee is $100. Payments are made at Development Services located on the second floor of the Government Center at 285 Uptown Blvd., Cedar Hill, TX 75104.
- PERMIT REVIEW: Once the application packet is approved and permit fee paid, the Designated Representative will issue an Authorization to Construct. The Authorization to Construct is valid for 12 months from issuance.
- INSPECTION: Contact the Designated Representative for inspection after construction. DO NOT backfill the underground tank until the inspection is completed.
- APPROVAL: Once the inspection is complete and OSSF determined to be in compliance, the Designated Representative will issue a Notice of Approval.
Be SepticSmart (OSSF Maintenance)
All new aerobic septic systems are required to have a maintenance contract with a licensed Maintenance Provider in the initial two (2) years of service. The City of Cedar Hill encourages all homeowners with aerobic septic systems to continue a maintenance contract with a licensed Maintenance Provider following the initial two years to ensure proper functionality. Failure to properly maintain a functioning septic system shall result in but not limited to violations, fines and additional enforcement actions.
If you are not properly maintaining your septic system, you are hurting the environment, putting your family's health at risk, and may be flushing thousands of dollars down the drain! EPA's SepticSmart initiative is a nation-wide public education effort that aims to inform homeowners living on properties serviced by septic systems on the importance of properly maintaining their septic system. It also provides valuable resources to help homeowners make important decisions regarding their wastewater management needs.
Connecting to the Sanitary Sewer System
For questions about connecting to the City's sanitary sewer system, contact City Engineer Robert Woodbury by phone at (972) 291-5126 x2812 or by email.